Friday, September 7, 2012

Try It On: Fall's Hottest Color




Hey Beauties! Today I have a Try It On post for you, all on the color oxblood! It's a HUGE color for fall, basically the new mustard! It's in every single store, and there are countless ways to rock it! So I'll be showing you three ways to wear one of the biggest trends this fall!

                                      Chic

Forever 21 shirt: 6.80
Forever 21 vest: 24.80
J. Crew pants: 49.50
Brandy Melville necklace: 6.00
Dulce Candy XO bracelet: 14.00
Just Fab boots 39.95

One way I would rock an oxblood top is with a bleached denim vest  and biker boots. Here I'm going for a tougher, rocker look, so I added a pair of leggings with cool zipper pockets. I added a spike bracelet to give some glam and topped everything off with an upside down triangle neclace, with is super cool.

                                       Casual


H&M pants: 12.95
Target boots: 69.95
H&M blazer: 49.95
Modcloth scarf: 24.99
Forever 21 bag: 34.80

Another way I would wear oxblood is paired with either a fun or structured blazer. Here I went with a fun blazer, to keep it casual. Underneath, you can wear a gray or white tank, to keep it simple. I added a studded brown bag and a lepoard print infinity scarf to keep with the neutral. And for shoes I chose a pair of cowboy boots that are perfect for fall and winter.

                                       Comfy


Brandy Melville skirt: 28.00
Forever 21 shirt: 13.80
H&M collar necklace 12.95
Toms shoes 43.95
Target bracelets 9.99

For this last look I went with something a little bit more unexpected... an oxblood maxi skirt! It's the focal point of this outfit, so I kept the top neutral with this shirt that says Perfectly Imperfect. I think that it's such a great message to spread, and I actually own that top! I added a pair of blue flats to keep it casual and added a collar necklace to give it some glam. I also added some zig-zag bracelets for some arm candy, and that's it!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I loved writing it! Sorry it's been so long! If you recreate on of these looks be sure to tweet me a pic at @plaidrose01 on twitter or at @plaidrose01 on Instagram! Love you! Stay beautiful!

Oxblood Heart balloon image is from here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment