Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Radical Review: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer


Hey beauties! Today i thought I'd do a Radical Review about my NYX HD Photogenic Concealer.
About a month and a half ago, Ulta had a 40% off sale for a few different drugstore brands, including NYX. I  had recently run out of my Maybelline Instant Age- Rewind concealer and wanted to try out a new one. I ended up choosing the NYX concealer in the shade CW03 Light.

A couple things that I do like about this concealer are that it comes in multiple varieties. I comes in 8 skin-compatible shades and also comes in green, lavender, and yellow. I think I might actually try one of these out, because it's a really fantastic idea. You can use the lavender shade on any yellow under eye circles. The yellow can be used for really dark under-eye circles, or darker patches of skin. The green can be used on red spots or active acne. I also like the formula. It's very creamy and blendable, and dries with a dewy finish. It tends to slide through-out the day, but defenitely lasts 6-8 hours.

There are a couple of things I don't like about this concealer. When I close it, it squirts out extra product which gets really messy and is kinda annoying. Also, just a couple of weeks after I bought it, it broke. That really annoyed me, even though I didn't pay that much for it. The lid cracked in multiple places, and the other day when i opened it, the applicator came out of the lid. So now I can't even use it anymore!

Overall, I did like this product even thought it broke, and I'd recommend it if you need a low-cost concealer. It regularly costs around $5-6 and you can get it whenever NYX is sold. :)


You can purchase the concealer here.  It's acutally on a BOGO sale right now!



Picture is from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment