Sunday, June 3, 2012

Try it On: Blue Lips





Where'd you get those blue lips?

Hey beauties! Long time no post! Lately I've been seeing a lot of people with crazy-colored lips (Ke$ha being one of them!). So, of course, I totally wanted to try it out! So here is how I accomplished crazy-colored lips!

Step 1: Moisturize your lips. This is important, because this look can easily dry out your lips if you're not careful. I used Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness.

Step 2: Line your lips with the color you'll be using. This is necessary to ensure the color is bold and to make sure it doesn't spread everywhere! Eyeliner is good for this step if you can't find blue lip liner. LOL! I used my Prestige Soft Khol Eyeliner in the shade Lagoon.

Step 3: Add color! This is the fun part! Fill in your lips with the color you want. Make sure you fill in your entire lip area so it doesn't look patchy. I used my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Clash. It's a shimmery blue.

Step 4(optional): Pat shimmery pigment over your lips for a bolder look. I used a white glitter I've had forever.

Step 5: Moisturize (yes, again). Like I said before, using eyeliner is not the best for your lips. It's fine, but it can dry them out. Cover your lips with a clear gloss to add shine. I used the My Favorite Lip Balm from C.O. Bigelow that I got at Bath and Body Works.

*NOTICE*
This look isn't very school or work appropriate, it's more just for fun of a costume or something.

Hope you have TONS of fun recreating this look and wow everyone with your crazy lips!


Ke$ha blue lips picture is from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment